Can you really be sure that you will end up in heaven? ABSOLUTELY!
Did you know that the bible tells us clearly what we need to do to be sure we end up in heaven? Be good? no. Go to church? no. Pray? no. What you need to do to go to heaven is become like a little child.
“Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.” Mat. 18:3
Jesus spoke those words when He was on this earth. What does it mean? Let me ask you does a small child worry about taxes? Does he worry where his food will come from? Does he worry about the stock market? Does he worry about the future? NO! He trusts his parents to take care of his needs. This is what Jesus was talking about.
Jesus is saying that you must repent of your sins, accept the work that Jesus did on the cross to pay for your sins, recognize Jesus as Lord and Savior and TRUST Him as your provider. In your heart you literally become as a small child once again. Then once you make that decision you must choose to daily allow Him to lead and guide you. Walk and talk with Him. Let him be your best friend. You will find a new sense of peace, purpose and direction. Do you want that?
You could die this very night.
You could cross a street today and be killed instantly.
Do you want to be sure that you will spend eternity with God? Then it is important to recognize that you are a sinner. We are all sinners. You may be good and kind but in comparison to God’s standard of holiness it would never be good enough to pay your way into heaven. No man is good enough. Therefore what can we do? We must acknowledge our sins and confess that we are not good enough to save ourselves. We need a Savior – someone who can pay the perfect price for us – that person is Jesus. When He hung on the cross He was perfect. He had never sinned.
When the Heavenly Father looked at Jesus hanging on the cross He said “It is accounted for. The price is paid.” Therefore anyone who accepts AND acknowledges Jesus’s work on the cross can be saved. If you truly are sorrowful for your sins, if you truly want to live for Christ, if you truly want to begin to live as a Christian then you must purpose in your heart that you will do your very best to allow Him to live the Christian life through you on a daily basis. You cannot live the Christian life – it must be God living it through you.
If you feel this is what you want then begin by saying out loud the following prayer, then be sure to read What’s Next and continue to daily grow in your relationship with Christ.
“Dear Jesus, I recognize the price you paid at Calvary, you hung on a cross to pay for my sins. Please forgive me of all my sins. Wash me white as snow. Holy Spirit come into my heart and make me brand new. Give me the power to daily live for you. I want to be as a small child trusting you for everything. Come and be Lord of my life. Give me the power of the Holy Spirit to live each day for you.”
If you prayed this prayer and sincerely meant it the bible says you can now call yourself a child of God, a Christian – as long as you daily commit to living for Christ and walking according to His precepts. I have been praying for you and I would like to hear from you.
You are now part of the world-wide family of God. Welcome.
So, now you’re saved! You’ve asked GOD TO FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS. You’ve asked THE LORD TO COME INTO YOUR HEART AND MAKE YOU BRAND NEW – BORN AGAIN. WHAT’S NEXT? Here are a few basic steps to HELP YOU get started on the right PATH.
1. READ THE BIBLE DAILY. WHEN YOU ASKED JESUS INTO YOUR HEART YOUR SPIRIT BECAME BORN – AGAIN. Your Spirit is that part of you which will live FOREVER. NOW, your MIND didn’t have an automatic TRANSFORMATION. SO, your MIND NEEDS TO BE RENEWED AS WELL. HOW DO YOU DO THAT? The BIBLE SAYS WE ARE TO take on THE MIND OF CHRIST. WE are to begin thinking GODLY THOUGHTS. AS YOU READ THE WORD OF GOD YOU BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND what GOD SAYS about life, circumstances, people and how HE WANTS US TO LIVE in this WORLD.
2. GET QUIET TIME. Quiet time is time alone with GOD. If you want to GET CLOSE TO SOMEONE you spend TIME WITH THEM. The same with God. Find a quiet place in your house. Be still. Begin TO CONVERSE WITH GOD, just as you would A FRIEND. Tell Him your FEARS, YOUR HOPES, YOUR DREAMS, YOUR DESIRES. God longs to be your friend. Don’t ever be ashamed to tell HIM what’s ON YOUR HEART. REMEMBER, HE wants to be your BEST FRIEND. WHEN should you have quiet time? For a lot of people MORNING SEEMS TO BE THE BEST TIME. It may take you getting up a little earlier but it will definitely be WORTH IT. BUT YOU NEED TO FIND the BEST time that suits YOU. After you’re done talking to GOD learn to BE STILL AND JUST LISTEN. Remember, GOD longs to speak to you also.
3. FIND a STRONG bible-believing church or fellowship. MAYBE you’re having a hard time finding one. ASK THE LORD to help you FIND a group of people who MEET regularly for prayer and bible study.
4. PRAY. PRAYER IS SIMPLY TALKING TO GOD. When you pray you don’t need to use fancy words. JESUS gave us a PATTERN FOR PRAYER IN the “Our Father”. Start out with GIVING GOD THANKS FOR ALL He’s DONE FOR YOU. Ask for God’s will to be done in your life. Ask Him to SHOW YOU ANY SIN in your life. ASK GODS FORGIVENESS. ASK GOD to give you the POWER to not commit that sin again. ASK GOD TO SHOW YOU if you’ve hurt or offended another person. Ask for HIS FORGIVENESS. ASK THAT PERSONS FORGIVENESS. ASK GOD TO help YOU TO FORGIVE THOSE who have HURT you. Speak TO HIM OF ANY NEEDS in your life.
5. GET FELLOWSHIP. Now that you’re a CHRISTIAN you’ll find that you have a desire to spend TIME with other CHRISTIANS. THE BIBLE tells us “LIGHT HAS NO FELLOWSHIP WITH DARKNESS”. IN OTHER WORDS, YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS NOW NEED TO BE CHRISTIANS. WHY? Because you need to belong to a group of people who have the same SPIRITUAL Interests that YOU DO. Those who are not CHRISTIANS may be NICE, FRIENDLY AND FUN. BUT THE bible SAYS THEY ARE IN THE DARK- just like you once were. EVENTUALLY YOU’LL FIND that their lifestyle, interests and convictions are different that yours. SO WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL? EVENTUALLY IT COULD PULL YOU BACK INTO YOUR OLD WAYS. PRAY THAT GOD WILL SEND YOU CHRISTIAN FRIENDS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS AS YOURS.
6. GET A PRAYER PARTNER. WHEN TROUBLES HIT, when You’re being tempted, when you’re depressed, lonely, etc. you need a buddy you can talk to. YOU NEED ONE OR TWO CHRISTIAN FRIENDS YOU CAN call anytime to pray with You. Ask GOD to bring THOSE PEOPLE INTO YOUR LIFE.
7. SHARE WITH OTHERS WHAT GOD HAS DONE IN YOUR LIFE. BECOMING A CHRISTIAN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISION OF YOUR LIFE. AND WITH ANY GREAT NEWS THAT GOES ON IN YOUR LIFE YOU WANT TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. YOU may not ALWAYS see a Positive response FROM PEOPLE. THAT’S O.K. . We’re not going to always be well received anyways. DON’T LET THAT STOP YOU. As you share your testimony (what GOD has done in your life) you’ll find yourself becoming bolder for GOD. EVENTUALLY you’ll lead SOMEONE TO the LORD, just as someone did with you.
8. Hang in there. DON’T EVER QUIT. BEING A CHRISTIAN IS NOT EASY. You won’t always fit in, or be liked by everyone. BUT ALWAYS KNOW THAT GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE. IT TAKES A LOT OF GUMPTION TO BE A CHRISTIAN. AS YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS GOD WILL FILL YOU WITH POWER TO ACCOMPLISH GOD’S WILL IN YOUR LIFE. GOD HAS A VERY SPECIFIC PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE. GOD WILL EMPOWER YOU TO FULFILL IT. Live each day for Christ.
9. Get water baptized. Whether it’s in your church or with a group of fellow Believers, you need to be water baptized. God’s Word tells us that you should be baptized as an outward sign to the world that you now are living for Christ. The water is symbolic of burying your old self under the water and coming up out of the water as a brand new Christian.